- Short films or projects involving video that celebrate or articulate the American-Muslim experience in the U.S.
- Preference given to projects that will be released before July
- Preference given to projects created by Muslim-Americans
We will consider your past projects for artistic skill and internet engagement, but we will be funding new, less established creators as well as professionals. If you have a story to tell, apply to us!
- Grant is open to all ages
- Only one submission per applicant
- Grant amount will be determined based on your proposal. We may award less than $1k and more than $4k for some projects
- The grant is a rolling application, so apply early!
- Grant money will be given in three stages: 50% on approval of project, 25% on submission of first rough cut, and 25% on project release
- Additional judges may be added over the course of the grant disbursement period.
- Grant amount will be determined by judges based on merit
- Grants will be given on a rolling basis, some even before the application deadline.
A team of filmmakers will provide mentorship and help you produce and script your films at the highest quality, assist you in finding pro-bono resources, volunteer to partake in your production, and spread the word about your films once you’re made them. We’ll do what we can to help.
So far, the team includes cinematographers Dagmar Weaver-Madsen and Autumn Moran, cinematographer/editor Cameron Marshad, director Olivia Newman, director/producer Michael Morgenstern, and colorist / motion graphics artist A.J. Russo.